How it Works...
For speaking opportunities at the 2012 Expo, October 13-14
, please apply by December 1, 2011
(email link below). Applications received after that are put on a Wait List
. Such a large event takes a whole
year to plan, so write or call early. Plan ahead! There are about 130 speaking slots during both days in 12 different rooms.
Speaking slots are generally 50 minutes
& are free to Expo attendees
. Longer free slots
are very limited and require special approval. Paid workshops are extremely limited and are usually not granted.
Speaker slots are filled by January 1
. Only those chosen to speak will receive a Speaker Confirmation
in January, which includes a Confirmation Postcard
to be mailed back to us by
to confirm your commitment to speak and to indicate your Audio/Visual needs. NOTE: Many more speakers apply
than we have room for, so we must receive your Postcard by then, or another will be given your slot.
How We Choose Our Speakers...
It is our goal each year, to provide as wide a variety as possible of lectures and presentations. So we rotate and alternate
many speakers, and we're always seeking new talent. Each year, approximately one-third of the speakers are new. Many people
apply and many others suggest speakers and topics that they feel appropriate. Then Spirit takes over and all of the speaker
slots get filled in divine order. Remember, we prefer speakers who are into service, not “info-mercials”,
and Prima Donna’s need not apply.
How to Apply...
NEW Speaker applicants, contact ULE Speaker Committee
(see links below) and provide the following
RETURNING Speaker applicants, contact Speaker committee
- Your name, address, phone#(s), website(s)
- Where & how often have you given talks or classes
- What books, tapes, CDs, videos you have produced (copy helps)
- A brief description of your background/experience (not a resume)
- A brief description of your proposed talk (or talks, if you have more) with clear, SHORT,
- 200 words or less for background & talk description combined, please, or it will not be
- Audio/Visual equipment requirements:
– If you plan to use PowerPoint, we must know NOW, as it will affect the scheduling
of your talk - MAC users bring your own Laptop.
– Other requests needed by MAY 1 to insure all requests can be honored.
– Requests after MAY 1 cannot be honored.
(see links below) and provide the
following information (yes, you must apply each year):
- Your name and any contact info that may have changed.
- The last 3 items for above:
- Talk Title - SHORT
- Talk Description - 200 word LIMIT
- Audio/Visual requirements - no later than MAY 1
If you also want a BOOTH...
You must complete a separate Booth Application
by March 31
– later than that puts you on the Booth Wait List.
So... Interested in SPEAKING at the Expo?